Family Law Certified Mediator
Jennifer C. Devine is a wife, mother, veteran teacher, and Florida Supreme Court Certified Family and County Mediator. Jennifer graduated Summa Cum Laude from Barry University, Dwayne O. Andreas School of Law, earning Book Awards in Mediation, Juvenile Justice, Torts, Constitutional Law, Employment Discrimination, Florida Civil Practice, Property Law, and Bar Survey. While at Barry, Jennifer served as the Executive Editor on Barry’s Law Review, the secretary for the Student Bar Association, a teaching assistance for Advanced Legal Writing, a Dean’s Study Fellow, a research assistant for her professors, and continued her full-time job as a high school educator and theatre director.
For the last decade and a half Jennifer has thrived in her career as a high school theatre teacher, consistently receiving highly effective evaluations. Under her direction, her theatre programs have garnered countless awards and accolades throughout the state of Florida. While teaching Jennifer received recognition and awards, including sponsor of the year, leadership awards, and Teacher of the Month on multiple occasions. As an educator Jennifer zealously advocated for her students and fellow teachers on a plethora of issues. As a Seminole Education Association Union Representative, Jennifer spoke in front of the school board on numerous occasions regarding district policies and teacher’s rights. Jennifer has been interviewed by multiple news organizations on a variety of topics that plague our educational system. Additionally, Jennifer has continually advocated for the rights of her students in an array of matters.
Jennifer’s unique experiences afford her a fresh perspective when dealing with her clients. Her 15-year background as an educator coupled with her history in the arts provide Jennifer with a child centered, empathetic, compassionate view of divorce cases that can help produce and create solutions for her clients. By understanding the reality that clients typically seek an attorney in their darkest hours, Jennifer strives to be a listening ear as well as a voice of reason.
- Barry University, Dwayne O. Andreas School of Law, Juris Doctorate
- University of Central Florida, Selection of Masters Courses
- University of Florida, Bachelor of Fine Arts
Professional Association and Memberships
- Orange County Bar Association, 2020 – Present
- Florida Association for Women Lawyers Central Florida Chapter, 2021 – Present
- Judge Mattie Belle Davis Society, 2021 – Present
- Student Bar Association, 2020 – 2021
- Barry Law Review, 2018 – 2020
- Seminole County Public Schools Volunteer, 2006 – Present
- Seminole Educators Association Member and Union Representative, 2006 – 2021
- Educational Theatre Association Troupe Director, 2006 – 2021
- Florida Association of Theatre Educators, 2008 – 2019